Ask a question

Our Experts

Got a Question?

Filters (0)

Clear All Filters

Your Questions Answered

Showing 4 of 92

I have about two thirds of my ISA in funds with Charles Stanley Direct and about one third left with St James's Place. I was planning to transfer the remaining one third to Charles Stanley Direct. However the recent platform price increases seem to put me in the worst position possible. I also have a private St James's Place pension. Would I be correct in thinking the fees are also high on this, and I could do better elsewhere? Can I transfer into an SIPP for example?

Gerry | Bedfordshire | 15/08/2018 | 4

  • Private Pension
  • Online Investment Platforms
  • Funds
Holly Mackay's Response

I invested my money in a St James's Place managed fund, split into ISAs and bonds, after advice from an adviser who was a St James's Place partner. My investments have done reasonably well, but I've read disturbing reports about St James's Place. Should I have concerns? Should I have found an independent financial adviser?

Glyn | Essex | 09/08/2018 | 6

  • Funds
Holly Mackay's Response

How can I pimp my credit score?

Sonia | Greater London | 09/08/2018 | 2

  • Other
Holly Mackay's Response

I wanted an investment trust with an income, so I put £10,000 into The Investment Company. It delivers a reliable quarterly dividend but the capital value has dropped by 10% since I invested 2 years ago. What are your favourite investment trusts?

Fran | Greater London | 08/08/2018 | 4

  • Shares
  • Funds
Mark Dampier's Response
Load Articles Spinner

Got a question? Ask our experts

Ask Our Experts