Site Logo
Site Logo

How can I get a financial makeover and set up a private pension?

17 June 2022

Got a question?We'll put your question to our panel of helpful advisers

Question by Alan

Can you recommend someone who can give me a financial makeover? I have been living on health benefits for 13 years, and I want to see if there is something that I can do to improve the state of my finances. Also, I need to set up a private pension.

Answered by Oliver McDonald

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your question.

A financial adviser may be able to help. They will charge for their service or may require a minimum investment value. Sometimes this is £50k+.

You may also want to research a money coach. Normally a more straightforward approach than full financial advice. A money coach should be able to help with your request - again, they will charge for their services.

If you visit the '

find an adviser
' section of the Boring Money website, you can find local financial advisers that you can contact.

Hope that helps.


Answered by

Oliver McDonald

Director & Independent Financial Adviser

I have worked in financial services for 15 years gaining extensive experience in financial planning. I am a people person. You will rarely find me explaining complex spreadsheets or using jargon. I keep my conversations at a high level and realised early on that financial planning is all about helping my clients achieve the lifestyle they want in future. I work with individuals, business owners and entrepreneurs. I specialise in retirement planning, investments and business protection.