I live in Belgium and want to transfer money into a UK SIPP. Recommendations?

17 August 2021

Question by H

I live in Belgium and want to transfer money in a IoM QROPS (originally in a UK pension) to a UK SIPP. Not all SIPP providers allow this. What SIPP providers can you recommend.

Answered by James Greenly


It would recommend speaking to an Independent Financial Adviser that has a good understanding of QROPS pensions, as they will have already done a thorough review of the UK pension market and know which provider is likely to be most appropriate for you. They will be able to handle all the administration behind moving the pension over, which can sometimes be a long, drawn out process!

If you do not want to speak to an adviser, then a good place to start would be to compile a list of UK SIPP providers. Check out the Boring Money pension comparison section for a shortlist of all the main UK pension providers:

Your best bet is to probably draft an email that you can copy and paste to all of the pension providers, rather than spend hours of your life sitting on the phone.

I hope that helps.

Best wishes


Answered by

James Greenly

Chartered Financial Planner

I am a Chartered Financial Planner at Capital Asset Management, a boutique financial planning and wealth management firm based in the City of London.