I'm British but live abroad - what providers can I invest through?

11 March 2021

Question by Anna

As a British but non UK resident, can I open a UK brokerage account to buy shares with money in sterling from my UK bank account?

And if so, who offers this service?

My banks Lloyd’s and HSBC in the UK do not offer this service. I live in France.

With thanks in advance

Answered by Boring Money

Hi Anna, this is not my area of expertise, but it does look like there are a few share dealing services available for you to use as a non-UK resident. This article details some of the options and in fact HSBC is on the list, as they offer a service separate to their main UK share dealing platform.

I hope this helps, but please do come back if you have any further questions.

Kind regards


Answered by

Boring Money