In a few clicks, our brand new, industry-first Investment Fees Calculator boils it all down to one simple £ figure. That means it’s now easier than ever to compare investment platforms and robo advisers to find the best deal.
• Compare 20 providers based on the fees they charge – taking into account the amount you invest and type of account you use (ISA, JISA, SIPP, GIA)
• Tailor your results to your investment style and preferences – including shares vs funds, lump sums vs monthly payments, DIY vs ready-made
• Check independent reviews and ratings at the same time – see what existing customers and our independent experts think of each provider at a glance
• Perfect for absolute beginners and confident investors – our calculator is simple enough to use without any investment knowledge, but also has plenty of advanced features
1. Tell us how much money you’d like to invest
Whether you’d like to invest a lump sum in one go or top up your account every month, enter the full amount you’d like to invest over a year.
2. Choose which type(s) of account you’ll be using
You might just want to make the most of a simple tax-free ISA, or you might want to mix and match with Junior ISAs, ISAs, Self-invested personal pensions (SIPPs), and general investment accounts (GIAs).
3. Compare your results – both fees and reviews
At a glance, we’ll show you your options from 20 different providers. As well as estimates of your annual fees, you can compare recommendation scores from existing customers and star ratings from our own independent experts. You can even click through to our Best Buys pages to read reviews and further details about each provider. (Scroll down this page for a snapshot.)
You’ll use our Investment Fees Calculator in much the same way as above, but can also tailor the calculations for more accurate results.
You can fine-tune things like:
• How you split your investments between funds and shares
• How many individual funds and shares you’ll invest in
• How often you’re likely to trade over the year
(The following example is based on a £1,000 investment in an ISA. It’s only to show you what the results page looks like – not which providers could be best for you.)
Stop scratching your head and start making more confident choices with your hard-earned money!
Join the thousands of people who get our weekly musings on money, great products, top tips and a dollop of opinion.Sign up to Holly's Blog
What have other people been doing? Learn from their experiences.
You may think the stock market is risky. But you know how important it is to save and are fed up with getting pennies in interest every year. Overcome your suspicion and see what investing is really like.Suspicious Savers