Wants to invest: £40,000 in a SIPP (self-invested private pension)
Preferred approach: Checking to see if she could get a better deal by moving the money in her self-invested pension pot to a new provider
Funds or shares: Mostly shares – Janice began investing with funds but, as her confidence grew, she started to trade shares too
1. Type £40,000 into the first box
2. Select the SIPP account
3. Click the down arrow to reveal the advanced settings
4. Use the slider to split the money between funds and shares– Janice has chosen to have 70% of the total £ value of her investments in funds
5. Use the slider to select the total number of trades you will make in funds over the year – Janice has selected 2 trades
6. Use the slider to select the total number of trades you will make in shares over the year – Janice has selected 12 trades
To save your results, simply add your email address in the dark blue box next to your results.
Calculations correct as at 15/7/2019
Notes about these results
• Remember that price isn’t everything – you might prefer a slightly more expensive investment platform or robo adviser that has a higher rating. It’s up to you!
• Please be aware that our Investment Fees Calculator doesn't take into consideration any additional fees your current provider may ask for if you move your investments to a new provider.
• As the years roll by, your overall investment pot will likely grow in size. If it does, you may want to come back and try the calculator again to make sure you’re still getting the best deal.