• Customer recommend score of 76%
• A strong choice if fair charges are high on your priority list, and a decent all-rounder in terms of service. Customers are happy too, leaving generally good feedback.
• Customer recommend score of 59%
• Well rated by our Boring Money experts but not as much of a hit with customers as some of the others on this list. That being said, clear and notable improvements have been made, and costs are decent for smaller accounts.
• Customer recommend score of 77%
• Despite poor press in 2019, Hargreaves' service and website continue to be largely well-rated by customers. Their website and app scored highly with our testers, but costs didn't fare quite as well.
• Customer recommend score of 82%
• Customers tend to like the experience of Nutmeg, and score the provider highly overall. Service, however, tends to score a little weaker. But costs are decent on a fixed allocation portfolio.
• Customer recommend score of 100%
• An unbelievable score for customer ratings, and we can see why. They're convenient; the app is clear and easy to navigate; and they're pretty decent on costs too.
“This year we noted many improved websites and more functional apps in particular. Costs remain an important focus but reader reviews remind us that this is not the sole concern for most investors who also value service, clear English and ease of use.”
Holly Mackay, CEO of Boring Money
Join the thousands of people who get our weekly musings on money, great products, top tips and a dollop of opinion.Sign up to Holly's Blog