I need advice on moving my final salary pension to a SIPP. Where can I get regulated independent advice?

29 July 2021

Got a question?We'll put your question to our panel of helpful advisers

Question by Michelle

I need to get regulated advice to assess if it is beneficial to move my final salary (I’m 52) pension to a SIPP. Where can I get regulated independent advice.

Answered by Claire Slater

Hi Michelle, thank you for your question.

When seeking advice in relation to a final salary pension, you will require a pension transfer specialist. In order to provide advice in relation to final salary pension transfers the firm will need to have the necessary FCA permissions.

You can find an appropriate adviser using one of the various comparison websites available online, such as the Boring Money Adviser Directory, Unbiased, Financial Advisor Bureau (to name a few).

By necessity, this briefing can only provide a short overview and it is essential to seek professional financial advice before applying the contents of this article. This briefing does not constitute advice or a recommendation.

Answered by

Claire Slater

Financial Adviser

I started my career at Perspective Financial Group Ltd in 2017, and prior to this I worked within the Equine industry. I work with a variety of clients, providing them with holistic financial advice, and help them to plan and achieve their specific financial goals.